Professional and educational advancement through The Wing’s expert network
About The Network
The Network provides emerging and developing theatre professionals advanced education, networking opportunities, and tools for career advancement within a supportive creative community.
New York City is full of theatre professionals, each with their own vision for creating or supporting important work. The Network connects students, interns, and young professionals to senior players, theatre companies, and prestigious organizations across the nation. Our network provides exclusive events, seminars, panels, and networking opportunities, fostering a community for building relationships with peers and professionals.
The Network is currently hosting all panel discussions via Zoom webinar.
Be the first to know about future Network meetings and American Theatre Wing events:
Next Meeting: TBA
- The day of the meeting, you’ll join a Zoom Webinar with live captions. Be prepared to take notes!
- Only panelists will be on screen, but you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions LIVE via Q&A and the chat.
- Once you RSVP, you’ll receive an email from us with Zoom details closer to the meeting date.
Connect with Industry Peers
After the panel, join us for a 30-minute networking and socialization session where attendees can connect with each other. We know it’s difficult to network at this moment, but we’re excited to create this virtual space via Zoom breakout rooms. At the end of the meeting, we’ll chat the zoom link for anyone who wants to join. Come pop in and meet fellow colleagues from around the country!
Watch the Latest Webinar On Demand
You can watch this and past webinars, in their entirety, on our official YouTube channel.
Beyond fundraising for non-profits, DEVELOPMENT, at its core, requires building and managing relationships, while honing passion through masterful storytelling. These responsibilities are fundamental to the sustainability of any organization, and equally intrinsic to the theatre itself. How do you begin a career in this essential role? Join us as panelists discuss the range of skills needed and share valuable insight to guide the next generation of arts administrators.
Join the Next Virtual Webinar
The Network will be hosting panel discussions via Zoom webinar. To learn more about attending Network meetings and events, subscribe to our newsletter.
Past Network Topics have included:
- Community Outreach Programming
- Press & Publicity
- Immersive Theatre
- Company Management
- Theatre Education Programming for Schools
- Development – Individual Giving
- Pitch Perfect: How to Ace the Job Interview
- Social Media and Audience Engagement
- Working in Casting
- Licensing & Theatrical Rights
- New Work Development
- Production Management
The Network is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts, and by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
The A.R.T./New York Internship Fair In Partnership with the American Theatre Wing
The A.R.T./New York Theatre Internship Fair, in partnership with American Theatre Wing, is an opportunity for students interested in a life in the theatre to meet and greet with over 60 nonprofit theatre companies in New York City. All theatre companies present at the fair are seeking interns to support their work in fields such as production, marketing, fundraising, general management, and more. While companies are offering internships for the upcoming Summer and Fall semesters, students can also find more immediate placement.
The Alliance of Resident Theatres / New York (A.R.T./New York) is the service and advocacy organization for over 350 not-for-profit theatres located throughout New York City.
The American Theatre Wing welcomes your questions, opinions and concerns.
Support The Network
The Network is made possible through the generosity of our donors. Here are some ways your support could enrich this program:
- $10,000 can sponsor the program for an entire season
- $5,000 could pay for the annual Theatre Internship Fair
- $2,500 could send these emerging theatre leaders to a Broadway show and talkback
- $1,000 could underwrite a semi-annual networking mixer
- $500 could sponsor a meeting, including a panel discussion and pizza dinner
- A donation in any amount helps develop the next generation of theatre industry leaders
To support this program, simply click on the button below and select “The Network for Emerging Leaders in the Theatre” after you enter your name and address, or call us at 212-765-0606.