This site uses the Co-Authors Plus WordPress plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/co-authors-plus/) for attributing authors to posts.
To create an author, login to the WordPress Dashboard, then:
- Navigate to Users > Guest Authors.
- Click Add New.
- Enter the author’s name into the Display Name field.
- Click Set featured image. Choose a file from the media library or upload a file. Click Set featured image.
- Click Add New/Update Guest Author.
To attribute a post to an author, add a new post or navigate to an existing post to edit, then:
- Begin typing the author’s name in Search for an author field in the Authors meta box.
- Click on the author’s name from the dropdown list of suggestions.
- Click Remove next to the original author’s name.
- Click Publish/Update.