THE DEADLINE HAS PASSED TO APPLY FOR THE 2013 GRANTS. PLEASE USE THE BELOW AS A REFERENCE ONLY.
As stated in the Jonathon Larson Grant Guidelines, a written application with supporting materials is required for an application to be considered.
All applications must include book, music, and lyrics from one or more works of musical theatre. Individuals may apply for support of their work in all three disciplines. Regular collaborators are encouraged to apply as a team.
Applicants must submit THREE (3) IDENTICAL COPIES of the following to be considered for the Jonathan Larson Grants:
Completed Application Form, including:
- Artistic Statement - on the form provided, describe your achievements and goals for your career as a creative artist or collaborative team (one per application).
- Creative Curriculum Vitae - productions/workshops/readings, educational history, and including list of awards (one for each applicant or each member of a team).
SAMPLES OF WORK PACKET
- Representative samples of work including book, music, and lyrics (be sure to consult instructions for formatting this packet in the Guidelines)
Additionally, though not required, applicants may provide ONE (1) COPY of the following:
- Letter(s) of support/recommendation from theatre artists or educators (No more than two letters per application, please).
Applications must be postmarked by September 14th, 2012 to:
American Theatre Wing
570 Seventh Avenue, Suite 501
New York NY 10018
ATTN: Jonathan Larson Grants
(For those in the New York Area, hand deliveries are accepted, but must be received in the American Theatre Wing offices by 5:00pm on September 14th, 2012)
Please call (212) 765-0606 x310 with any questions regarding the deadlines or the application process.
- Jonathan Larson® is a registered trademark of Skeeziks, LLC